Health Ministry: Feb 11, 2017
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed and roughly chopped
- 2 15-oz cans of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 2/3 cup of tahini (roasted, not raw)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus more for garnishing)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Pine nuts (toasted) and parsley (chopped) for garnish
1 In a food processor, combine the garlic, garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, 1/2 cup water, and olive oil. Process until smooth. Add salt, starting at a half a teaspoon, to taste.
2 Spoon into serving dish, swirl a little olive oil over the top and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and chopped parsley.
Serve with crackers, raw dip vegetables such as carrots or celery, or with pita bread. You can cut the pita bread into thin triangles, brush with olive oil and toast for 10 minutes in a 400°F oven to make pita chips with which to serve the hummus.